Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Start today




As someone living in sunny Singapore, i've always had issues with the hot climate here. So when I chanced upon this blog, it was somewhat like deja vu.

"Sahara desert" (the way I describe my stuffy room in hostel when the heat gets too unbearable) was the first thing that sprung to my mind. I can't say that I'm an apathetic youth who doesn't care about the environment simply because these issues impact our daily lives and it's impossible to just let them pass. And as someone who thinks that the air-conditioner is probably the best invention to date, I complain about the humidity here a lot. Every time I do so, I can't help but lament about our earth's drastic climate change and how topsy-turvy it all is now. No doubt this is largely the result of our own actions.

But ultimately, it just takes a little effort from everyone.
I guess the to-dos and what-nots are readily available over the Internet so I shan't go on anymore.
Let us be tree-huggers, starting today! (:
We've all suffered the effects ("Sahara deserts" in Singapore and other unexplained phenomenons elsewhere) to be well aware of what to start doing now.

No comments: