
I confess: I am prepared to acknowledge that the world has been and will be getting warmer thanks in some part to an increase in man-made atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gases, mainly contributed by the members of the earth, not excluding me.
People nowadays show lesser concern over the environment, but at the same time, been echoing that people should take care of the environment. Global warming, with its negative consequences that most of us face everyday, is increasingly becoming a phenomena that everyone might talk about, but do nothing to help, or worse still, do harm to the environment.
Correct me if I am wrong. The air conditioner that we never fail to switch on when the weather gets warm; the Styrofoam boxes that we never reject from food stalls; the cars that we drive from places to places, sometimes even when the distance is short all of which contribute to the global warming.
So why do people always debate so over heatedly, and do nothing to change their habits, when they really do feel so strongly about it? Or are people just complaining, giving politically correct answers when questioned about “what would I do to prevent global warming”?
I am for sure, one of those culprits that rant. But look around, aren’t most us partners in crime?
No comments:
Post a Comment