well, for all intents and purposes, I am by no way anti-shell, or anti and particular company for that matter. What I am, is anti petrol creation. Anti anything that hurts the environment, anti global warming.
Let me emphasize, that I am not anti company. I am all for companies making money. The more the better. The more they give me, the more I would like them. BUT... I am against companies who make money at the expense of the environment. Now one can argue that all companies contribute to global warming on a broad sociological plane because the action of one affects the other, the greed of one inspires the greed of others, the wealth of one inspires others too to be wealthy, but what some companies do not have, is the morals not to hurt other people, or the morals to hurt other people by hurting the evironment they live in.
To use Shell as an example, Shell might practice good exploration science and practices, but one must question the purpose they exisit for. Are they a company who revels in providing others with the means of transportational convinience, or are they a company whos main purpose is to earn money for their shareholders.
Compare Shell to the Body Shop. Both are money making machines. However, both get their money through different ways, and are based on different moral pricipals. SO i guess to conclude this post, and perhaps in answer to the previous one, one must beg the question of companies, what are they doing what they do for, and is it morally right.
I treat morals and the cause of global warming similarly. It might be a warped view, but it is my view none the less.
No comments:
Post a Comment